Sunday, June 25, 2006

Don't Judge A Disc By It's Cover


Almost as fun as discovering a new band is when when someone who you've been listening to for years puts out a good album long after you expect them to. Rockford is my favorite album of the summer (four days in) so far.

About the cover: Maybe this was designed by some famous pop artist I don't know about, but if you're gonna make your best album in say, 25 years, you might want to spend a little more time on the cover. I could be wrong, but I'm not. Maybe over time it's greatness will make me come to love the cover, but I doubt it.

About the music: I didn't believe the hype at first, but after about five plays it started to kick in. It starts off ok with some good songs, but somewhere in the middle you forget this is the new Cheap Trick and it just gets better from there. I especially like the one-two punch of This Time You Got It and Give It Away.
Listen to it here:

Rockford
Then buy it.

also check out the re-recorded version of In Color

No comments: