Friday, December 22, 2006

That's What Friends Are For

from mtv news:
Guns N' Roses bassist Tommy Stinson has responded to claims made last week by Eagles of Death Metal frontman Jesse Hughes regarding the band's departure from GN'R's current tour. Hughes had said that Stinson tossed his bass down in disgust during a November 24 gig in Cleveland, when frontman Axl Rose called the Eagles the "Pigeons of Sh-- Metal." Hughes also said Rose then picked up the instrument and hurled it at Stinson. "Eagles of Death Metal were a suggestion of mine a while ago," the GN'R bassist wrote. "Turns out they were the wrong band for our crowd. They were booed and did not play for as long as they were scheduled to. As for all of the inaccuracies that have been said since, I would like to say that's all they are — inaccuracies. In the past, I have thrown my bass. I have never thrown it at Axl or anyone else in the band, nor has anyone thrown my bass back at me ... yet. Axl has been a dear friend to me for nine years. We have no problem communicating and wish that people would stay the f--- out of sh-- they don't know anything about." ...

No comments: