Monday, April 02, 2007

All Hail The Kings

When a record gets too many positive reviews I get curious.
I gave in to the hype and bought the last Kings Of Leon album Aha Shake Heartbreak. As with the Arctic Monkeys I listened to it a few times and then filed it. It had it's charms but I never heard the great songs I had read so much about. I certainly wasn't waiting in line to buy their next album. Then I read this in my Boston Herald:

"A single sub-par tune (“McFearless”) taints “Because of the Times,” but for the rest of the CD the red-zone-driven needle bounces between Replacements’ “Let It Be” great and Stones’ “Let It Bleed” brilliant."

Let It Be?
Let It Bleed?
I don't think so.
Here goes another 12 bucks out the window.
I'll let you know when I hear the next Gimme Shelter.

No comments: