Saturday, October 27, 2007

A Good Idea


I don't listen to Husker Du or Sugar much anymore but when I saw a positive
review of Bob Mould's new live DVD I was intrigued enough to buy it. The show looks and sounds great but the one thing watching this made me realize is how good his body of songs (cheap pun) is. I've seen the Huskers a few times but the Mould shows that stood out for me were:
A Sugar show which started out with Copper Blue and b-side material and then kicked into overdrive
with with a nearly possessed performance of the entire Beaster EP.
A solo acoustic performance after which Bob stuck around and talked soap box style for an hour then personally shook hands and thanked each person for coming.
Even if you weren't happy with his last few solo CD's buy this DVD to reminisce and realize this guy may still have a few good tunes up his sleeve. Stay in tune.

buy it now

No comments: