Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Soul Patrol

The reason you don't remember Dave Pirner's soul/jazz/funk solo debut is because you didn't buy it. Nobody did. Except me, I just found it in the $2.99 bin. Hey it's not that bad. I've already listened to it twice which is more than I can say for Candy From A Stranger. I own that fiasco on vinyl but I don't think I ever listened to it. What made the lead singer of Soul Asylum think he was an actual "soul" singer anyway. Was it because someone actually liked their cover of Sexual Healing? I sure didn't. Here's a couple of tunes in case you're interested. The first was the single, I think (don't ask me why I know this), and it features Billy Preston on keys. The second song sounds like Prince.
never recover
364

go ahead buy it!
or buy this instead

No comments: